Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Diagnostic Essay: Man's Best Friend


“Man’s Best Friend”


They say dogs are a man’s best friend. I, myself believe that this is true. Dogs have been known to be very loyal and good followers to their masters. But it really makes me wonder why and what makes dogs such an interesting companion to humans. Why is it that most humans can easily get along well with dogs unlike with other animals?

            From my own experience of having a lot of various pets ever since I was very young, the pet that I had that I loved the most was my dog, Ariel. For me, dogs are very compassionate and loyal followers. They would treat you as if you are the only living being that exists in their world. It’s fascinating how dogs could cheer you up just by doing simple things, such as waiting for you to come home and greeting you with so much energy when you arrive, playing with you and by simply being there with you, especially when you’re alone.

            There is this one movie which has touched my heart and many others’ greatly. It is entitled, “Hachiko” and it is about a dog’s story. From this movie, you will see how much a dog could love his owner or master. Every time the dog, Hachiko’s master would go to work, Hachiko will come with him to the train station and wait for him until he gets back from work. But then one day, Hachiko’s master fails to come home from work because he had a heart-attack and died. Hachiko still waited for his master to come home from that day on until he eventually passed away. Hachiko’s love and loyalty to his master has really showed how much dogs could be the same loving and loyal dog to their owner’s.

            Some dogs could be very harmful or dangerous at times but I’m almost sure that there is a reason why they are like that. Truly, dogs are a man’s best friend. They would be there for you when you need them and if you learn to love them back, surely, their loyalty and love for you will never be shaken. I just hope that more people will learn to love dogs and pay more attention to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment